Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Weights and Measures

In my quest for complete scientific knowledge I have inadvertently discovered a new system for weighing things that I believe will revolutionise business everywhere. Indeed I think it will create a measurement system that guarantees extra profit for all commercial enterprises that use it.

It is called the ‘ryankilo’ and is already in use by celebrated money-making machine and part time airline Ryanair. A ryankilo is equivalent to 1.1 metric kilos. This is how it works. If you take a bag on a British Airways flight and it weighs 15.6 kilos you will find that the exact same bag with the exact same contents will weigh 16.8 kilos with Ryanair. With a hold limit of 15 kilos per person (which in effect means up to 16 kilos) Ryanair is able to charge you for the extra kilo. In my lifelong search to find the perfect route to money-making even I could make money out of that. And so could you.

Just imagine what this will do for shops. A 10% saving for the seller on anything you buy that needs weighing – Woolies ‘pick n’ mix for example.

There is one place where it won’t work though. The dieting industry.

2 comments:

ArkAngel said...

You're clearly spending too much time in airports these days...

BTW "part-time airline" is on the generous side

Douglas Miller said...

I am. 40 flights to date this year. And I just missed today's Glasgow human firebomb. I was at CDG Paris a couple of years ago when Terminal 2E collapsed killing 7 people. I was in 2F!

I have now given up on Ryanscare. I( hear O'Leary is going. The most arrogant man in UK/Ireland business.