Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Walking and thinking - multi-tasking!

Conscious of all the random thoughts I jotted down yesterday I took a 4 mile walk at 8 this morning and tried to make a mental note of what jumped into my head:

What must it be like to be a woodpecker with a headache?

I really fancy some Green and Blacks white chocolate (need subsequently satisfied)

If you have a little money and want to make more, act like you don’t have any

Freedom is freedom from the need to be free

Can you make love with your ego?

Staying alive is a lot less fun than being alive

You children are to you when you are old as you are to them when they are young

The inevitability of gradualness

Is it possible to sell a house, from offer to completion, in under two months?

Going to a café in Crystal Palace for a coffee and noticing that every single occupant (around 10) was speaking French. And preferring to listen to them than read The Guardian or Private Eye.

What came first – morality/ethics/empathy or religion?

Thinking of a photo of Lily, Isabelle and Daisy (7,2 and 5 months respectively) and hoping that it will be a woman’s world in the future

Realising that the rain stopped just as I left the house and started again just as I shut the front door. Sometimes things are ‘meant to be’.

Remembering my 2-hour conversation with Prof Mark Brown yesterday. Do jobs exist to which nobody is suited? I extrapolated the argument in my mind – do people exist to which no job is suited? And why don’t we put the two together – the people to whom no job is suited and the job to which no person is suited? Or are we doing that already?

Which comes first: the heart or the head?

Emotionally committing myself to a project on mood and music. And then uncommitting myself when I got home.

Thinking of the thrill of entertaining 60 people for 2 days in Germany last week. How nice it is when clients are honest and say – ‘let’s have some fun for two days and get everyone to know each other better’.

Realising that I hadn’t thought about sex for two hours. Or about all the people I know who are being unfaithful.

I need more positive thinking stories

I must buy ‘Conceptual Blockbusting’.

I sometimes feel like I am living my life through other people and that can be a healthy anti-dote to my monstrous ego

What happened to Maple Road Market, Penge?

Who is the world’s greatest sportsman or woman? (Federer)

Isn’t it strange how the music you listen to last before you go to bed is still in your head the next morning (Vangelis’ ‘El Greco’)?

Extreme nervousness about selling London house – disconnection from my favourite place, a tighter connection with a place I am not sure I want to be connected to at all.

Thinking about property at all actually makes me instantly unhappy

No comments: