Thursday, August 16, 2007

Happy Birthday

This blog is at risk of being turned over solely to music and if I read my first blog in November 2006 it was meant to be about thinking positively with one permitted daily grip.

Anyway it is music time again and yesterday I went to Montpellier and spent my birthday present from my sister Nikki. The absolute gem among the acquisitions was the album 'Takk' by Sigur Ros. I knew of this album when it came out two years ago but I just hadn't got round to buying it. What a waste of two years of listening pleasure. This is the best new album I have heard in that time. Totally original, anthemic and just beautiful. Caroline is away for a few days and Lily my eldest was having dinner at a friends. So there I was with my almost 3 year old Izzy having dinner to the sound of Sigur Ros when she said 'I like this music daddy'. I gave her a big kiss and took a large celebratory swig of the lovely St Chinian I bought today. She is even either going to learn to love it even more or grow sick of it.

One album I bought was the lesser known 'Presence' by Led Zep. Not a great album but 'Nobody's Fault But Mine' is a contender for their greatest track.

It is lull time. 3 visits to Kosovo before the end of the year, a manic hotel to hotel month in the UK in September plus I hope the commencement of a contract in Frankfurt around October time. Christmas is likely to be spent in Hungary. I wonder where else I will get to this year? And the new book comes out in November. Just as I thought the last one was my worst I believe that this one is the one I am most proud of. I now seem to be falling out with my Commissioning Editor during the writing of each book as I have with this one. Either she is getting sick of it or she treats it as par for the course. I suppose she must be used to dealing with Writer's Ego.

No comments: