Sunday, November 19, 2006

A great five days comes to an end and I head back to France via the UK on Monday. Two high happiness points to report. The first a series of great seminars with people of many nationalities. One of those fulfilling times when the praise you get is matched by the impact you think you have had. I could have sold 30 books but would have felt a little cheap had I done so. Nonetheless I probably missed an opportunity.

The 2nd high point was a boat trip to a monastery on Lake Ohrid. The monastery (ST Naum) was disappointing but the trip itself on the water and the sensational views quite the opposite. You learn so much on trips like these. I spoke to a guy from the Gambia who told me his country is as flat as a billiard table and a lady from the Cameroon who told me that her country is the only dual french/english speaking country apart from Canada. Also that the media image of Zimbabwe is not 100% accurate. Half truths on both sides. Was it ever thus?

I had a long call from Caroline . Nice to hear her up and looking forward to my return - my naughty youngest was as voluble as ever in the background. Only a few days to go.

Song of the day is a great Salif Keita track that was played on the boat trip to the monastery. I do not know its name but will find out.

Next entry on Wednesday. Two days of travel to look forward to. The first with the dismal Austrian Airlines to the UK via Vienna. The second from London to Montpellier with the excellent TGV and Eurostar. I would gladly travel by train everywhere.

No comments: