Thursday, January 18, 2007

Does 'living' make dying easier?

In my blog profile I put one of my interests as the sudy of acceptance of death. For many years I was terrified by this but I think I am coming to terms with it. I think writing books on positive thinking have helped me - they have certainly driven me to do more with my life but also to enjoy some of the things that are already around me that I was previously ignoring. I actually would love to write a book called 'how living makes dying easier'. Emma, if you are reading this - what do you think! Anyway my blog today just consists of a few quotes (some are mine, others attributed) which suggest where I am coming from:

‘When you came into this world you were crying and everyone else was smiling. When you leave it, if you give life your best shot, you will be smiling. And everyone else will be crying. But they will be smiling too’. (me)

‘What we call luck, what we call chance, is what happens when preparation meets opportunity. If you stay ready, you ain't gotta get ready." (Will Smith)

'The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return' (Nat Cole via fellow blogger adam - http://simplepleasures3.blogspot.com)

'At the end of my life I want still to be standing up rather than on my knees. To say that I stood up to the world and had a go rather than letting all the opportunities I had slip through my hands' (me - in my book 'Make Your Own Good Fortune')

'Growing old gracefully? I want to grow old disgracefully!' (Mae West)

No comments: