Sunday, December 16, 2007

Blog closed

I have decided to close my blog. It has become too self-indulgent. And as someone recently said to me 'boring'. So, the only reason to write it would be for myself - so I shall continue in written form. The second reason is that I have not kept to my promise of honouring the greatest diarist of all - 'Chips' Channon. He said 'what is the point of a discrete diary - one may as well have a discrete soul'. I have not revealed what has really been happening in my life over the last twelve months. The happy professional experiences have been balanced by unhappy personal experiences and it is to those which I now need to devote my time.

3 comments:

ArkAngel said...

Hope you don't regret the experiment. I have a few thoughts about the nature and value of blogging I'd like to share with you the next time we hook up.

Douglas Miller said...

I don't regret it at all. A blog needs focus and I have decided that my focus from here on in will be music. But under a new name.

us said...

I agree with you about Chips. For me, also Duff Cooper, Harold Nicolson, Waugh-Diana Cooper letters and Denton Welch have each been fascinating. I sometimes find Chips' frankness hard to take, I'm ashamed to say. For that reason, I'd be hard put to keeping up an honest blog. But writing a diary is somewhat more intimate than immediate publishing to the world - which I find a frightening thing!