Sunday, December 02, 2007

Haitian Bee Gees

An evening indoors avoiding various Haitian biting things. Having done lots of work, prepped for tomorrow etc. I treated myself to an hour of You Tubing. I got Frank Zappa in my head and spent an hour watching various live version of his Allman Brothers cover 'Whipping Post'. Marvellous. If you don't want to do the full hour but want to see Frank at his best head for the 1984 New York version. 7 minutes and a great vocal performance from Bobby Martin.

Last night I went with my hosts Berta and her partner Jongee to see a band described as Haitian Bee Gees. They sounded so awful at the gate that we didn't even venture in. A great piece of fish at a local restaurant instead. A quick drink after where I saw the largest cockroach I have ever seen. Red and winged.

No comments: