Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Ed Doolan

So much has happened recently that I forgot to mention a recent appearance on the Ed Doolan show on BBC West Midlands. Ed is also known as 'Mr Birmingham' an institution in the Midlands rivalled locally only by Carl Chinn - although Ed is Australian. I was invited on to talk about Positive Thinking and was given fifteen minutes. The 15 minutes soon became one hour as we took lots of texts and a few calls on the subject. I, of course loved every minute of it. Ed himself has had a few problems with his heart and we had an interesting sidetrack on whether positive thinking can pull you through health problems. He believes it can - as do I - and gave the example of how he had a serious heart operation twenty years ago a week before Christmas and that what pulled him through was the desire to broadcast his traditional Christmas day show. He was duly wheeled into the studio on Christmas morning. What they hadn't told him was that there was standby ambulance outside throughout the whole show in case of any relapse. Of course, there wasn't.

He re-enforced my belief that we need to continually create 'why's' to live for.

I wanted to also say that I really like Birmingham and from a personal point of view getting close to a place by being on a radio show helps no end. Not a fashionable view perhaps but it is a transformed city.

No comments: