Saturday, October 06, 2007

Broken Dream

Almost a year ago, just after I began this blog I wrote about how ageing means settling into mediocrity for many and how Rod Stewart, who was superb for about 4 years - 1969 - 73 and has done nothing with any musical merit since continues to peddle trash and get paid for it. I don't blame him - I blame all of those people who buy the stuff. I say all this because I am just listening to 'In a Broken Dream' by Python Lee Jackson from 1972. Python Lee Jackson is Rod Stewart and Jeff Beck. And it is a fabulous piece of music.

2 comments:

ArkAngel said...

What! you mean you don't like 'Sailing'?!

Douglas Miller said...

Actually I don't mind it. But it was the track that probably said to him that there were easier ways in the music business to make money than trying to produce breakthrough pieces at every turn.