Thursday, October 11, 2007

The Life of a writer

You know when you have been selected to take a more diffcult path in life when your books are translated into Korean, Arabic and Albanian and not Spanish, Chinese or any other language with huge commercial potential. I look forward to the £4.97 royalty cheque (6 month period ending October 2007).

With 3 books planned I have been writing synopses. Actually I lie. I have been trying to write synopses whilst listening to huge amounts of music. As I haven't given musical recommendations recently this is what is currently 'tickling' me according to my itunes playlist:

Dave Douglas - Freak In
Astor Piazzola played by Gidon Kremer
Promise of a Fisherman - Santana
Gilles Peterson in Africa (Fela Kuti tracks)
J Dilla - Donuts
Mazzy Star - So Tonight That I Might See
Five Stairsteps - Behind Curtains
Harold Budd and Brian Eno - Ambient 2
Chico Hamilton with Eric Dolphy - Ellington Suite
Airto - Seeds on the Ground
Zbiegnew Preisner - Kieslowski film soundtrack music

And that was just today...

No comments: